Edinburgh carver and modeller who established his business, William Beveridge & Son, on Harrison Road in 1884. He contributed to the programmes of carved decoration on the Mercat Cross in 1885 and the McEwan Hall in 1889–97, as well as on Robert Rowand Anderson’s Conservative Club, Princes Street, in 1882–84.
Bibliography: J. Gifford et al., Edinburgh (The Buildings of Scotland), Harmondsworth, 1984, pp. 312–13; W.T. Johnston, Dictionary of Scottish Artists (c.2000), Scottish National Library, ref CD-ROM.585; R. McKenzie, Public Sculpture of Edinburgh (2 vols), Liverpool, 2018, vol. 2, pp. 19, 343, 361.
Ray McKenzie 2018