Corbarelli father and sons, specialised in the decorative use of inlays of semi-precious stones (pietre dure). The father, Francesco (d. 1718), may have been born in Florence, but he and his sons Antonio (d. 1735) and Domenico (1656–1732) operated principally in Brescia, Padua, Vicenza and Modena. In Brescia, the family produced the altar for the Chapel of the Blessed Rosary in S. Domenico (now in Brompton Oratory, London) and the high altar of the church of Santa Maria della Carità (1685–96).
Bibliography: T. Cavanagh, Public Sculpture of Kensington and Chelsea with Westminster South-West, Watford, 2023, pp. 127–28; M. Napier and A. Laing, The London Oratory. Centenary 1884–1984, London , pp. 81–82n22; ‘Corbarelli’, Wikipedia; ‘Francesco Corbarelli’‘, Wikipedia.
Terry Cavanagh November 2022