Edinburgh sculptor and architectural modeller, he taught woodcarving at Edinburgh College of Art, where one of his students was Tom Whalen. Among his commissions were the oak choir-stalls in the Robin Chapel of the Thistle Centre, Craigmillar (1950–53), and the woodwork of the ‘Scottish Room’ at the University of Pittsburg, USA (1938). He occupied studios at different addresses in Edinburgh, including 1 Ramsay Lane, c.1935–44, and exhibited regularly at the Royal Scottish Academy.
Bibliography: W.T. Johnston, Dictionary of Scottish Artists (c.2000), Scottish National Library, ref CD-ROM.585; R. McKenzie, Public Sculpture of Edinburgh (2 vols), Liverpool, 2018, vol. 1, pp. 405–07, vol. 2, p. 497.
Ray McKenzie 2018