Catherine Booth (1829-1890) , co-founder of the Salvation Army with her husband William. This is a fibreglass copy commissioned by Derbyshire Dales District Council to replace a bronze bust which had been stolen. The bronze bust was cast by the Morris Singer foundry and was broadly based on the full-size statue by George Edward Wade (1853-1933) at Denmark Hill, London, which they had first cast in 1929. The lost bronze bust was unveiled on Easter Sunday 1962 and was Grade II listed in 1974. Booth was born in Ashbourne, Derbyshire.
Location: War Memorial Gardens, Ashbourne, Derbyshire.